Blackmore Wagyu is an award winning and internationally recognised producer of 100% Fullblood Wagyu beef, cattle that are not diluted with any other breed.
Founder, David Blackmore pioneered the production of 100% Fullblood Wagyu beef in Australia, having imported more than 80% of the Wagyu genetics into Australia between 1992 and 2004.
Blackmore Wagyu is a family owned and run business having been in operation for over 25 years. Our premium Wagyu product is marketed to gourmet butchers and high end restaurants domestically and exported to 14 countries.
David Blackmore monitors every stage of the animals life, from conception to plate, with care and accuracy to ensure a consistent and quality product. Our supply chain, which takes four years to complete, provides greater control over all stages of the production life-cycle. This sets us apart from most other Wagyu brands, as we breed, feed and market all of our own animals.
The Blackmore Wagyu brand is differentiated from other producers because we;
- only use 100% Fullblood Wagyu genetics,
- represent only the highest grade of 9 and 9+ (AUS-MEAT Australian Standard),
- follow a natural slow production process that takes 4 years to complete,
- guarantee authenticity through DNA parent verification,
- collect and maintain extensive data records on all stages of production,
- have developed an environmentally sustainable supply chain, and
- recognise our ethical obligation to our animals, customers and the environment.